Arlmont Drive Road Project News (Updated on 3-21-2018)
- Backfill and seeding and straying of areas disturbed by the sidewalk replacement will take place the week of March 19th and March 26th.
- Final sidewalk and curb adjustments will take place over the next few weeks at the end of March and start of April. Some areas are not in compliance with ADA guidelines which is a requirement of any federally funded project.
- Paving of Arlmont will require 5 days where temperatures stay above 50 degrees F with no rain or snow. Residents on Arlmont will receive a letter from the contractor describing the process in detail and advising about when driveways will be accessible of not. Please keep an eye out for this letter at your home. Once we can predict 5 days of stable weather, the process will follow in this manner:
- A Leveling course on all concrete for the entire length of the road will take place for 1-2 days. Residents will be able to get to their houses and driveways. All other traffic will be asked to use alternate routes. There will be a “road closed to thru traffic” sign in similar fashion to the way the road was closed during slab replacement.
- Next, a road grid layer of self-adhesive “fabric” will be put down next. NO TRAFFIC is allowed to drive on this grid layer. The contractors will start at the south island by the gazebo and move up the stop sign in the middle of Arlmont on one side of the street laying the grid layer down and asphalt paving on top of it on the same day with the 2 inch asphalt layer.
- Finally, the contractor will follow the same plan from the stop sign on Arlmont northward towards Natural Bridge Road.
- After paving, speed bumps installation will take 2 days.
- Around that same time, stop sign bar painting and speed bump painting, and miscellaneous sign removal/posting will take 3 days.
Please see the "Documents" tab for updated letters from the construction company, Gateway Design and Construction, when they become available.
Please see the newly revised Bel-Nor City Hall hours on our home page.
Please see the "Document" section of Bel-Nor.org to find documents that answer frequently asked questions and forms that can be downloaded.