The City of Bel-Nor is governed by a Mayor and a Board of Alderman. Upon becoming a city after a vote of the citizens in April 2015, the city was split into two wards. Each ward elects two aldermen to represent their portion of the city. One mayor is elected at large by citizens of both wards. The term for Mayor is two years in length. Aldermen from each ward are currently serving a two-year-term which will expire in alternate years. Each April, one alderman's term in each ward will expire, with his or her seat up for election and the other aldermen will maintain his or her seat until the following year. This way, there will never be a replacement of both aldermen in a given ward at the same time.
Bill Hook (term expiring in April 2018) currently serves as Mayor Pro-Tem of the City of Bel-Nor.
The following streets are in Ward 1: Natural Bridge Road (west of Nordic Drive), Glen Echo Drive (south side and west of Clearview Drive), Nordic Drive, Ardsley Drive, Ridgeview Drive, Roanoke Drive, Racquet Drive, Clearview Drive (west side), Knollwood Drive, Audrain Drive (south side), Gainsboro Court, Woodview Court, Darwin Court, Chadwick Drive, Horatio Drive, Brockton Court, Florentine Drive
The following streets are in Ward 2: Natural Bridge Road (east of Nordic Drive), Glen Echo Drive (north side and east of Clearview Drive), Arlmont Drive, Bellerive Drive, Delavan Drive, Andover Drive, Hatherly Drive, Audrain Drive (north side), Wakonda Drive, Moniteau Drive, and Clearview Drive (east side)
- City office address: 8416 Natural Bridge Road, Bel-Nor, MO 63121
- City office hours: M, T, W and F - 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM
- City office phone number: 314-381-2834
- Bel-Nor Police non-emergency phone number: 314-381-2971
- Bel-Nor Police Watch Phone number: 314-920-9513
Please see the "Government" tab for a list of streets in each Ward of Bel-Nor, the names of the Aldermen in each ward, and a contact email address for each Aldermen.
Keep updated on events, post helpful information, find a resource for a household need, or even start a search for a lost pet through the Nextdoor social media website at belnormo.nextdoor.com
Search the City of Bel-Nor's ordinances on the eCode360 Code Library through the GeneralCode.com website. Find out about regulations for dogs and cats in Chapter 240. Discover what is considered a "nuisance" in Chapter 250. Learn the process for obtaining an excavation permit in Chapter 520. You can also search in the index for a specific topic of interest. Please keep in mind that new codes are passed and old ones are updated on a monthly basis. If you are unsure of something you find in our eCode library, please reach out to our human resources at City Hall for clarification.
St. Vincent Park has many things to offer our community and it is right in our backyard. Scroll down to the lower right side of the website to view "St. Vincent Amenities" and learn more.
POLICE DEPARTMENT NOTICE (posted 4-13-2018)
On April 7, 2018, a sum of money was found in front of the Unity Lutheran Church on Glen Echo Drive.
The owner can come to the Bel-Nor City Hall located at 8416 Natural Bridge Road to make a claim.
The owner will have 30 days from April 11, 2018 to make claim.
Arlmont Drive Road Project News (Updated on 4-13-2018)
- Contractors will be on-site on April 13th and the week of April 16th prepping areas that need attention for final curb sections, patching potholes, and continuing to backfill areas with soil.
- The hope is to begin the asphalt paving the week of April 23rd, if the weather holds out. See below for what asphalt phase of construction will entail.
- Paving of Arlmont will require 5 days where temperatures stay above 50 degrees F with no rain or snow. Residents on Arlmont will receive a letter from the contractor describing the process in detail and advising about when driveways will be accessible of not. Please keep an eye out for this letter at your home. Once we can predict 5 days of stable weather, the process will follow in this manner:
- A Leveling course on all concrete for the entire length of the road will take place for 1-2 days. Residents will be able to get to their houses and driveways. All other traffic will be asked to use alternate routes. There will be a “road closed to thru traffic” sign in similar fashion to the way the road was closed during slab replacement.
- Next, a road grid layer of self-adhesive “fabric” will be put down next. NO TRAFFIC is allowed to drive on this grid layer. The contractors will start at the south island by the gazebo and move up the stop sign in the middle of Arlmont on one side of the street laying the grid layer down and asphalt paving on top of it on the same day with the 2 inch asphalt layer.
- Finally, the contractor will follow the same plan from the stop sign on Arlmont northward towards Natural Bridge Road.
- After paving, speed bumps installation will take 2 days.
- Around that same time, stop sign bar painting and speed bump painting, and miscellaneous sign removal/posting will take 3 days.
Please see the "Documents" tab for updated letters from the construction company, Gateway Design and Construction, when they become available.
Please see the newly revised Bel-Nor City Hall hours on our home page.
Please see the "Document" section of Bel-Nor.org to find documents that answer frequently asked questions and forms that can be downloaded.